Household Hazardous Wastes

  Household Hazardous Waste  

If you miss the collection day, you still have several options for disposing of household chemicals in Utah County.

Household waste
Other Disposal Options:
Recycling used oil: Many oil change shops or auto parts stores (such as AutoZone, Checker and Jiffy Lubes, Walmart and others) accept up to 5 gallons of non-contaminated oil free of charge.
Usable paint, building supplies, metal, operating appliances: Habitat for Humanity
(801-344-8527 or
Batteries, tires, old electronics, tvs, etc.: Solid Waste Districts (see For More Information below)

Best Buy will accept up to 5 electronics to recycle. Please visit thier website for further information.

Don't see the item you need to dispose of?
Please either call the solid waste district for your area, or the health department.

Solid Waste Districts
North Pointe Solid Waste Special Service District: (801) 225-8538
South Utah Valley Solid Waste District: (801) 489-3027

Other Questions? Please contact our Environmental Health Division at 801-851-7525.



























































Location Location